Administrator – Utilities Department
Starting salary £17,427.41, rising to £18,278 on completion of successful probation period (pro rata).
We are recruiting for one full-time and one part-time position.
* Full time: 37 hours per week, Mon to Thu 9.00am to 5.00pm and Friday 9.00am to 4.30pm
* Part time: 18.5 hours per week, Mon to Tue 9.00am to 5.00pm and Wednesday 9.00am to 12.30pm
Citizens Advice Plymouth is a medium-size charity which is part of the Citizens Advice national network of over 200 organisations that delivers advice and information across England and Wales. Our main purpose is to deliver quality advice and information, engaging with clients through a range of routes.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
About the role:
We are pleased to be recruiting for two administrators to join our BULB Energy & OVO Energy projects. These exciting projects are part of the award-winning Utilities Department at Citizens Advice Plymouth.
The projects have been set up under the Warm Home Discount Industry Obligation and support members to review their household budget and to also maximise their income ensuring that they are in a sustainable position and able to pay future energy bills.
As an administrator you will be the first point of contact for our clients; you will capture all system data and be responsible for collecting evidence for the energy funds. The administrator’s role within the team provides important support to help the team hit the write off target.
Day to day tasks may include:
* Being a welcoming and efficient point of contact for agencies and customers
* Maintaining accurate case records & statistical information to ensure targets are being met.
* Assessing energy fund application checks to check information provided;
* Assessing energy fund applications for assistance using the appropriate toolkit and make referrals where applicable;
* Providing administrative support for the team.
This role would suit someone who enjoys both people contact and administration work. We are looking for someone with excellent communication skills, and the ability to deal confidently and sensitively with clients. The successful candidate will need great attention to detail, and have a good knowledge of Microsoft packages including, Outlook Word, Excel, Google Docs and Microsoft Teams.
For the job description and person specification please download our application pack.
All successful candidates will complete our tailored induction programme, and training will be delivered remotely via video call training sessions, e-learning modules and support from our Learning & Development Team.
What we can offer you:
Benefits (subject to eligibility), include:
* 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays and an additional 2.5 days to be taken between Christmas & New Year (pro rata) * Long term service leave – up to an additional 5 days (pro rata) * 4% employer contributions to employer’s pension scheme * Healthcare plan (including Employee Assistance Programme) * Death in service cover (up to 2 x salary) * Cycle to work scheme * Peer to peer support scheme
The employer for this post is Citizens Advice Plymouth, based at Cobourg House, Mayflower Street, Plymouth, PL1 1QX.
We are currently working remotely from home, whether you work in the office or remotely after will be confirmed in the future.
Deadline for applications:
Monday 27th September 2021 at 9.00am
To be confirmed
It is likely that interviews will take place via video call.
1. Download the Job Description and Application Form here
2. Return completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date/time.
Please note we do not accept CVs or letters of interest. Please refer to our person specification to demonstrate how your experience, skills and knowledge meet the requirements of the role.
Please let us know if you need us to adapt our application process so there are no barriers for you to apply.
If you’re offered an interview, we’ll send you the interview questions 24 hours in advance. We will also meet any reasonable adjustment requests.
We welcome applications from all backgrounds, but we particularly welcome applications from candidates who are disabled, or people from Black, Asian and minority ethnic backgrounds, as these people are currently underrepresented at Citizens Advice Plymouth. We also actively welcome applications from LGB+ and trans and non-binary candidates.
We wish to make a positive commitment to employ people with disabilities and people from Black, Asian and minority ethnic backgrounds and we guarantee to interview all candidates who meet this criteria if they also meet the minimum essential criteria set out in the person specification. Please see the guidance notes for more details on how to demonstrate that you meet the essential criteria.