Adviser – European Union Settlement Scheme
Citizens Advice Plymouth is a medium sized charity which is part of the Citizens Advice national network of over 200 organisations that delivers advice and information across England and Wales. Our main purpose is to deliver quality advice and information, engaging with clients through a range of routes.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
About the role:
Citizens Advice Plymouth are looking for an experienced adviser to work with our new European Union (EU) Settlement Project.
A key priority will be the delivery of the EU settlement scheme for EU citizens and their family members. The EU settlement scheme enables those EU citizens (who reside in the UK before the end of the planned implementation period on 30 June 2021) and their family members, to obtain a UK immigration status through a streamlined and digital application process.
The aim of the project is to provide practical support to vulnerable EU citizens by providing information, advice, technology and assistance to help them make their EU Settlement Scheme applications.
Some of the key tasks will include:
- Providing face-to face advice and guidance for applicants wishing to obtain immigration status within the UK
- Acting for the client where necessary by negotiating, drafting or writing letters and telephoning.
- Negotiating with third parties as appropriate.
- Assisting clients with other related problems where they are an integral part of their case and refer to other advisers or specialist agencies as appropriate.
- Providing advice and assistance to other staff regarding EUSS.
- Ensuring that all advice conforms to Citizens Advice Quality Standard, systems and procedures.
- Maintaining case records for the purpose of continuity of casework, information retrieval, statistical monitoring and report preparation.
For the job description and person specification please download our application pack.
37 hours per week.
£20,576.02 to £23,419.85 (pro rata)
6 month fixed term contract from 1st October 2020 to 31st March 2021.
We can offer a supportive culture within a charity setting and employment benefits (subject to eligibility), include:
* Healthcare plan (including Employee Assistance Programme)
* Peer to peer support scheme
* Cycle to work scheme
* Auto enrolment pension scheme – 4% employer & employee contributions
* 25 days annual leave with an additional 2.5 days to be taken between Christmas & New Year
* Long term service leave – up to 5 days
Deadline for applications:
Wednesday 12th August 2020 at 9.00am
Download and return our application pack.
Completed applications should be emailed to the HR Team at email@example.com by the closing date/time.
Due to the Coronavirus pandemic, please email your application as a word document. Please note we do not accept CVs or letters of interest. Please refer to our person specification to demonstrate how your experience, skills and knowledge meet the requirements of the role.
The employer for this post is Citizens Advice Plymouth
based at Cobourg House, Mayflower Street, Plymouth, PL1 1QX.
During the Covid 19 pandemic
Our friendly and professional office is currently located in Plymouth city centre but during the Covid-19 outbreak we have followed government guidelines and have set our staff up to work remotely from home during this time.