Communications & Campaigns Officer
Salary scale: £23,150.10-£28,008.98 p.a.
Work base: Hybrid working & Cobourg House, Mayflower Street, Plymouth
Advert closing: 15th August 2022 at 09:00
About the role:
Do you want to work for an organisation that makes a difference, every single day, to people from all walks of life? Citizens Advice helps people overcome many obstacles in their lives – from debt to relationship problems to trouble at work. You can be key to them getting the support they need in the quickest, easiest, and most effective way.
The Research, Campaigns and Communications Team works to help people engage with Citizens Advice Plymouth and understand what we do, and advocate for changes that make things better for people.
We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic Communications and Campaigns Officer with strong communication, analytical and research skills who has the curiosity and ambition to achieve the real change on behalf of our clients. You will work closely with Research and Campaigns Manager and other members of the team, including volunteers.
As a Communications and Campaigns Officer, you’ll help deliver our media work (including social media), examine and research key issue trends and deliver relevant and hard-hitting campaigns to raise awareness or create change. You will also work with the wider organisation and the Research, Campaigns and Communications team to monitor the impact of government policy and support the team in working with policy makers to create change in line with Citizens Advice Plymouth aims and principles.
Think you could do this?
Our ideal candidate will:
- Be able to deliver outstanding communications for different audiences and across multiple channels, including digital, print and events
- Have strong judgement and excellent stakeholder engagement
- Be competent to work on own initiative and demonstrate innovative and creative thinking
- Have an eye for detail with an ability to interpret data and think creatively and pragmatically about policy
- Be able to deliver projects to deadlines and prioritise competing demands
- Have some experience of research methods, including interviews, desk research and questionnaires, and with the ability to summarise findings
- Be comfortable with working collaboratively in a fast paced and creative team
- Have willingness to occasionally work outside of working hours
About Citizens Advice Plymouth:
Citizens Advice Plymouth are part of the Citizens Advice national network of over 200 organisations offering free confidential advice and information across England and Wales. We are now one of the largest local offices in the network with approximately 180 staff.
Deadline for applications:
Monday 15th August 2022 at 9am
Interview dates to be confirmed.
To apply for this role:
- Download our application pack here
- Completed applications should be returned to email@example.com by the closing date/time.
- Please note we are not accepting CVs for this role.