Customer Service Administrator/Grant Processor
Are you looking for an administrative/customer service role?
Are you available immediately and looking for your next opportunity?
Yes & Yes, please read on and do not hesitate to apply.
About the role:
Our professional and friendly Water Debt Gateway/Freshstart team are looking for a customer service driven administrator to join them on a full-time basis for a fixed term contract.
Working as part of our Citizens Advice Plymouth Water Debt Gateway Team you will be responsible for supporting a project providing financial assistance and guidance to South West Water (SWW) customers who are experiencing financial difficulty. The Citizens Advice Plymouth Water Debt Gateway team administer the scheme independently of South West Water.
The team deal with clients, their advisers and South West Water by email, telephone and post on a daily basis. The team work mostly over the telephone and when doing so need to be able to explore client circumstances appropriately, advise on the best path to resolve the debt or affordability issue and make appropriate judgements on the client’s case using the fund criteria. The emphasis of the scheme is on helping people who are new to debt, vulnerable, in water poverty and who need time and assistance to adjust to their new circumstances.
You will be responsible for contributing to the accurate processing of applications, including handling personal, financial, and other confidential information.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Previous administration experience.
- Good decision-making skills and a keen eye for detail with the ability to assess information quickly and accurately.
- Competent in using a range of Microsoft Office programmes.
- Experience in delivering excellent customer service.
- Good communication skills with the ability to deal confidently and sensitively with members of the public over the phone.
- A desire to help people.
If this role sounds of interest, please download our Job Pack and apply.
1 x full-time role (37 hours per week)
Citizens Advice Plymouth is a medium-size charity which is part of the Citizens Advice national network of over 200 organisations that delivers advice and information across England and Wales. Our main purpose is to deliver quality advice and information, engaging with clients through a range of routes.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
£17,085.70 per annum
£17,085.70 to £18,958.92 per annum
We can offer a supportive culture within a charity setting and employment benefits (subject to eligibility), include:
* 25 days annual leave (pro rata), bank holidays (pro rata), and an additional 2.5 days to be taken between Christmas & New Year (pro rata)
* Long term service leave – up to an additional 5 days (pro rata)
* 4% contributions to employer’s pension scheme
* Healthcare plan (including Employee Assistance Programme)
* Cycle to work scheme
* Peer to peer support scheme
Fixed term contract to 30th April 2021.
Deadline for applications:
Wednesday 27th January 2021
Wednesday 3rd February 2021
Interviews will take place via video call.
1. Download our Job Pack
2. Return completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date/time.
Please email your application as a Word document.
Please note we do not accept CVs or letters of interest.
The employer for this post is Citizens Advice Plymouth
based at Cobourg House, Mayflower Street, Plymouth, PL1 1QX.
During the Covid 19 pandemic
Working remotely from home during the pandemic