Future Opportunity – Trainee Debt Energy Adviser
£20,987.54 per annum
£20,987.54 to £23,888.25 per annum
We recruit for both full-time and part-time roles.
Hours will be confirmed when we have a future vacancy.
Citizens Advice Plymouth is a medium sized charity which is part of the Citizens Advice national network of over 200 organisations that delivers advice and information across England and Wales. Our main purpose is to deliver quality advice and information, engaging with clients through a range of routes.
About the role:
Our Debt & Energy Advisers contribute to the delivery of a comprehensive debt and energy advice service in line with the requirements of the funder.
Advisers provide clients with debt & energy advice appointments over the phone, helping them find solutions to their issues.
The post holder will have excellent communication skills with the ability to deal confidently and sensitively with clients and a desire to help people.
You will be solution focused and have transferable skills that mean we can train you to advise clients that are struggling to maintain payments to their energy provider.
You will need to be digitally engaged and have a great eye for detail ensuring that you support the team to hit challenging performance targets.
Applicants need to be comfortable working in a target driven environment and will be responsible for the delivery of both individual and team targets and outcomes.
Some of the day to day tasks and duties may include:
- Providing comprehensive energy advice to customers referred by the energy provider;
- Providing clients with up to date advice on energy tariffs and procedures;
- Assisting clients in reducing their energy consumption;
- Ensuring income maximisation through the take up of appropriate benefits & effective budgeting advice;
- Negotiating with third parties as appropriate;
- Providing advice and assistance across a whole range of debt issues;
- Assessing tariff application forms, check quality of information/documents provided;
- Assessing applications for assistance using the appropriate toolkit
For the job description and person specification for this role please download our job pack.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
We can offer a supportive culture within a charity setting and employment benefits (subject to eligibility), include:
* Healthcare plan (including Employee Assistance Programme)
* Life insurance
* Peer to peer support scheme
* Cycle to work scheme
* Auto enrolment pension scheme – 4% employer & employee contributions
* 25 days annual leave with an additional 2.5 days to be taken between Christmas & New Year
* Long term service leave – up to 5 days
To be confirmed at time of recruitment
1. Download the Future Opportunity – Trainee Debt & Adviser Job Pack
2. Return completed applications to: email@example.com
3. We will hold your application on file (up to 6 months) for the next suitable vacancy.
4. Applications will be shortlisted when the next vacancy arises.
5. If you are successfully shortlisted at that time, you will be invited to invite to interview (contact is usually via email).
This recruitment is for future opportunities as they arise.
Please note we do not accept CVs or letters of interest.
Due to the Coronavirus pandemic, please email your application as a word document.
The employer for this post is Citizens Advice Plymouth
based at Cobourg House, Mayflower Street, Plymouth, PL1 1QX (currently remote working during Covid)