Pension Wise Guidance Specialist
Do you have pensions knowledge?
Would you like to be part of a national movement that puts people at the heart of everything we do?
Pension Wise offers free, impartial guidance to people over 50 on their pension options. The service is governed by the SFGB but delivered nationally through Citizens Advice local centres. Due to recent expansion the South West partnership, led by Citizens Advice Plymouth, is now recruiting for additional Pension Wise guidance specialists in the Devon area.
Pensions are complex. Many people fall for scams. You can help us put an end to the scammers out there. Come and work for us and share your knowledge to help empower others.
We are fair, impartial, independent, free and accessible to all. We campaign on justice and fairness. We are Citizens Advice.
Overall purpose of the role:
To deliver a specialist quality service to customers eligible for the pensions guidance service who have complex pension scenarios by supplying accurate, personalised, relevant information and guidance on their pension’s options and choices.
The following are the main duties of the role:
• Provide face to face pension and retirement information and guidance to members of the public, in line with the defined Pension Wise service.
• To help consumers to understand the full implications of their pension choices, using appropriate skills, including numerical.
• To raise consumer awareness of pension scams and fraudulent activity, to encourage consumers to report any issues to the relevant authorities and to report potential scams and fraudulent activity through appropriate internal channels.
• Respond proactively to consumer demand, working to agreed service delivery standards.
• Provide timely and accurate follow up information that adds value to the consumer and is clear and easy to understand.
• Contribute towards shared best practice within the local centre and across the local Citizens Advice (LCA) network.
• Ensure that all work conforms to the Pension Wise quality standards, including undertaking peer to peer observations for quality assurance purposes, where applicable.
• Ensure that all required management information is both captured and reported on a timely basis.
• Complete training, continuous professional development and other requirements to gain and maintain accreditation.
• In addition, you may be required to carry out ad hoc projects to improve the service we provide, attend meetings or workshops and support promotional activity for the service, within the scope of the role.
37 hours per week.
£24,539.37 increasing to £25,893.24 following successful completion of 6 months probationary period.
Successful applicants are made a conditional offer subject to:
1. HM Government Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS)
2. Successful completion and passing of accreditation training and exam
3. Satisfactory references
4. Depending on role requirements: DBS checks
For a full Job Description and Person Specification please click here
Please send your CV and a covering letter/statement explaining how you meet the person specification to email@example.com
For an informal chat about the role, please contact Ruth Lisney, Project Leader Ruth.Lisney@plymouthcab.org.uk
Friday 8th November 2019 at 1700
Tuesday 19th November 2019 at Taunton Citizens Advice
If shortlisted for interview we will contact you by Friday 15th November 2019.