Settled and Safe
To get 50 or more members of your local community involved in the ‘Settled and Safe’ campaign
About the campaign:
- That no renter should ever have to pay excessive and inexplicable fees for the basic services a letting agent provides and want to see an end to extortionate letting agents fees.
- That no renter should be at the mercy of rogue landlords taking deposits unlawfully, harassing tenants, letting substandard accommodation or evicting people for complaining
What you could do:
- Encourage people to complain to Trading Standards when letting agents are not sticking to the rules on fees.
- Raise awareness of renters rights and what to do when things go wrong
- Get people to share their private renting stories to raise awareness of the problems people face
- Campaign for a local register of good letting agents and/ or landlords
- Tell people about our housing advice webchat facility
- Let people know about the Plymouth Charter for the Private Rented Sector and ask them to support it.
How you could do it:
- Set up a Facebook Page
- Put on an event
- Give a talk at a local meeting
- Video interview people about their experiences
- Set up a petition
- Use your creativity to involve people in other ways
How to get involved:
Complete the online application on https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/communitycampaigner or call Rob Bourne on 01752 676099. You will then be invited to a training and networking day on Thursday 19th November.
Workshops will include:
- Aims and principles of Citizens Advice
- Event Planning
- Working with traditional and social media
- Renters Rights
- How we can work with the Council to make things better in our area.
- Campaign support