Telephone & Webchat Assessor / Call Handler – Utilities Department
Starting salary £17,427.41, rising to £18,278 on completion of successful probation period (pro rata).
Part-time role (18.5 hours per week)
Working between Monday to Thursday 9am-5pm, Friday 9am-4.30pm (the working pattern can be flexible to suit the successful applicant, as long as it meets the requirements of the team, days and times to be agreed at interview).
Citizens Advice Plymouth is a medium sized charity which is part of the Citizens Advice national network of over 200 organisations that delivers advice and information across England and Wales. Our main purpose is to deliver quality advice and information, engaging with clients through a range of routes.
About the role:
We are seeking to recruit a Trainee Telephone & Webchat Assessor to join our EDF Energy helpline team who are part of the award winning Utilities department at Citizens Advice Plymouth.
Our gateway team are the first point of contact for members of the public contacting Citizens Advice. As an assessor you will be answering our busy helpline, establishing the clients’ issue, taking all relevant details, helping them resolve their concerns and providing the best next step.
Day to day tasks may include:
* Take telephone and web-chat enquiries on a rota basis;
* Assess client’s issue with sensitive listening and questioning skills;
* Using our scripts, identify key information about the problem including time limits, key dates, requirement for urgent advice and establish what help the client would like;
* Provide information and advice using Advice Guide and other authorised sources and/or refer clients onto our teams appropriately;
* Record information given on our systems as appropriate;
* Complete follow up calls and identify outcomes with clients that received advice.
For a full job description and person specification please download our application pack
The post holder should have excellent communication skills with the ability to deal confidently and sensitively with clients and a desire to help people. Applicants need to be comfortable working in a target driven environment and will be responsible for the delivery of both individual and team targets
To sure ensure assessors are fully equipped to advise our clients all successful candidates will complete full training. Training will be delivered remotely via video call training sessions, e-learning modules and support from our Learning & Development Team.
We can offer a supportive culture within a charity setting and employment benefits (subject to eligibility), include:
* 25 days annual leave with an additional 2.5 days to be taken between Christmas & New Year
* Long term service leave – up to 5 days
* Healthcare plan (including Employee Assistance Programme)
* Death in service benefit (2 x annual salary)
* Peer to peer support scheme
* Cycle to work scheme
* Auto enrolment pension scheme – 4% employer & employee contributions
Fixed term contract to 31st March 2022
Deadline for applications:
Monday 4th October 2021 by 9am
1. Download our application pack from the link here.
2. Completed applications should be returned to the HR Team by the closing date/time.
3. Due to the Coronavirus pandemic, if possible, please email your application as a Word document.
4. Please note we do not accept CV’s or letters of interest. Please refer to our application pack and person specification to demonstrate how your experience, skills and knowledge meet the requirements of the role.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. Please let us know if you need us to adapt our application process so there are no barriers for you to apply. If you are offered an interview, we will send you the interview questions 24 hours in advance. We will also meet any reasonable adjustment requests.
Citizens Advice values diversity, promotes equality and challenges discrimination. We encourage and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds but we particularly welcome applications from candidates who are disabled, or people from Black, Asian and minority ethnic backgrounds, as these people are currently underrepresented at Citizens Advice Plymouth. We also actively welcome applications from LGBTQ+ and non-binary candidates. We wish to make a positive commitment to employ people with disabilities and people from Black, Asian and minority ethnic backgrounds and LGBTQ+. We guarantee to interview all candidates who have these protected characteristics if they also meet the minimum essential criteria set out in the person specification.
Citizens Advice Plymouth (currently working remotely)